How to control obesity in children?

0
1400
Spinonews.com obesity in children

Obesity in children

Obesity in children is a major health problem. It happens when a child is above the normal weight. Many parents can’t recognize that their child has a problem until they overweight.

Factors which are environment, genetics, lifestyle are plays a key role in the development of obesity in current generation. However, more than 90% of cases are unknown, and remaining 10% are linked with hormonal or genetic causes.

Spinonews.com
Source: flickr

In US, obesity is a common disorder in children, nearly one in three American youngers are obese. In children, the cause of obesity is a broad range of health issues, such as high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and blood cholesterol levels raised.

The psychological effects also occur in obese children, such as low self-esteem, negative body image and depression. According to studies, childhood obesity is linked to higher and earlier death rates in adulthood.

Symptoms and causes of obesity in children 

  1. Sleep apnea
  2. Coronary artery disease
  3. High blood pressure and cholesterol, stroke, depression, and diabetes
  4. sudden physical activities
  5. Joint problems
  6. Gallbladder or liver disease

psychological symptoms are:

  1. mental tiredness
  2. Low self-esteem and low confidence
  3. Shying particularly in sports activities
  4. Over eating or eating in hiding
  5. Early puberty

These factors can increase the risk of childhood obesity

1 Diet

Nowadays, children are more interesting to eat junk foods. In these foods have fast carbohydrates and fat that are considered as the major reason for childhood obesity.

Spinonews.com
Source: flcikr

2 Exercise

Exercise is the major reason why children putting on so much weight. Currently, children spend their time with TV and their gaming comforts instead of exercise. The activity programs in school have not much impact on the BMI of children.

3 Sleep

Too much of sleep is also the major problem in child obesity. Proper sleep in children have high levels of ghrelin (a hormone released by the stomach) in their body. It causes them to eat more. Leptin, a hormone that reduces the feeling of hunger.

4 Genetic Factor

Children whose parents or other family members are suffering with obesity are more likely to follow suit.

5 Other Possible Causes

Physical conditions such as genetic syndrome, having a high birth weight, psychological or behavioral factors can also present to childhood obesity.

Natural treatments for childhood obesity

Here we present some common ways of treating obesity naturally

1 Yoga

Yoga can treat obesity in children. treat not just the mind but the body too with its gentle postures, meditation techniques and breathing exercises. However, there is no side-effects occur while treating obesity. Children doing yoga also have a very positive frame of mind.

2 Add honey in food

Drink a glass of warm water and honey regularly it helps to burn fat and reduce calories.

3 child liquids to keep hydrated

Liquids which are water, coconut water, buttermilk and fruit juices can cure your child appetite, particularly for junk food, and cause weight loss faster.

Spinonews.com
Source: flcikr

4 Keep your child engaged in activity rather than exercise

Keep your child engaged in strong activity for at least 40-60 minutes a day. You needn’t get your child into a structured exercise regimen as this will bore him very soon. Games that he’ll love to play with his friends are great ideas to burn calories and be fit.

5 child healthy snacks

Give your child a mix of pistachios, macadamia and pine nuts and almonds. It helps your kid not to reach out for food, but they also surround their cells with healthy fat.

6 Fruits and vegetables

In a day, child can consume seven fruits or veggies in the form of a smoothie. Good smoothies are a great way of consuming veggies and fruits, some of which your child may not like.

7 Avoid processed foods

Parents should absorb your child to reach out for processed foods like cookies, crackers. Instead of them, let him snack on veggies, sprouts, fruits and raw foods.