Today’s Health tip: Can fish oils and omega-3 oils benefit our health?

0
353
spinonews

Around 30% of fish oil made up of omega-3 also known as omega-3 oils. While the remaining 70% is made up of other fats. Also, unprocessed fish oil contains some vitamin A and D.

The main omega-3s in fish oil are eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), while the omega-3 in plant sources is mainly alpha-linolenic acid (ALA).

The AHA says taking up to 3 grams of fish oil daily in supplement form considered safe. Taking more than 3 grams of fish oil daily may increase the risk of bleeding.

EPA and DHA dosage recommendations vary depending on your age and health.

Your brain contains nearly 60% fat, and much of this fat is omega-3 oil fatty acids. Therefore, omega-3s are essential for normal brain function.

Evidence has shown that people who don’t get enough omega-3s have a greater risk of eye diseases.

Fortunately, there are a number of skin disorders that may benefit from omega-3 oils supplementation, including psoriasis and dermatitis.