Lenovo owned Motorola and it has launched the Moto G6 on April at an event in Brazil. The interesting fact is the phone gets dual rear cameras, premium glass build, front-mounted fingerprint sensor, and face unlock mechanism. Is Moto G6 seems to be value for money proposition? In real life scenarios, does it tick all the right boxes? Let’s find out:
Moto G6 Design and Display
Source: Android Central
It is a classic design with metal chassis and enclosed in between the front and back glasses. The standard Moto G6 is 5.7inch IPS LCD display with a full HD resolution (2160×1080), and it features a fingerprint sensor beneath the display. The dual camera set-up and LED flash on the backside is placed inside a circular module that bulges out and making the phone odd on flat surfaces and attracts scratches on the rim.
Moto G6 Camera
In terms of imaging, the phone’s dual camera setups on back feature a 12-megapixel primary sensor with 5-megapixel and it offers a f/1.8 aperture. The camera can record video up to 1080p at 60 frames per second. Motorola G6 Camera offers a “selective focus” feature that will allow you to take a photo; you can change the area of focus and adjust the level of blur. The additional features of Moto G6 camera are:
- Spot Color: It allows you to pick up a color and leaves remaining part in black and white.
- Portrait mode with Selective Focus: It allows readjusting the focus after the shot.
Moto G6 Software
The Moto G6 and G6 play come up with the latest version of Android Oreo, 8.1. The applications are LinkedIn, PhonePe, Facebook Lite, and Microsoft Outlook. The sub-actions of Moto app are:
- Moto Actions: It allows you to perform specific gestures to complete certain tasks.
- Moto Display: It shows a sneak peak of your notifications, even after your display is off.
- Moto Voice: It is essential to talk to your phone and get the things done (Eg: Playing a music track on Apple Music, etc.)
- Moto Key: Moto Key can store your login information for apps, websites, and windows devices securely.
Moto G6 Performance
It has an inferior processor like Qualcomm Snapdragon 450. Xiaomi and ASUS are offering more powerful SD636 at the same price. It is the best for running the games without any hiccups no matter how much you pushed it. The games like PUBG and Asphalt 8: Airborne played on the phone with absolutely no instance of hanging or overheating.
Moto G6 Features
It comes up with 3,000 mAh battery, fast charger (replenish the battery within two hours0, USB type-C port, and 3.5mm audio jack.
It is a huge step from its predecessor G5S, and it is a beautiful looking smartphone which offers a capable camera, battery life, and good performance. In one line we can say Moto G6 is superior to Redmi Note 5 Pro.