Have you accidentally deleted a text message from your Android Phone? And wished if you could get it back. Sometimes these removed messages can be very important and losing them can cause blunders. But don’t worry, I have got your back. I’ll be explaining to you the process to recover those deleted messages from your Android smartphone in two different ways. Now, let’s get started.
- I’ll first be showing you how to backup your text messages using the SMS backup and restore the app.
- Then I’ll show you how to recover the messages from those backups.
To backup Android text messages, you’ll first need to install SMS backup and restore. You can download it for free from the Google Play Store.
The download link is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore
Once the installation is complete, launch the app.
- Tap “Get Started”.
- Allow the app to access your device’s data and contact list.
- To create your first backup, tap “Set up a backup“.
- Choose the type of data you want to include in the backups. Messages and phone calls, both can be backed up.
- Tap “Next” to move on and then select the position where you want to store the backup.
- You can keep them in Google Drive, Dropbox, or stored locally on your device.
- Tap the storage location you’d like to use, and then tap next. When creating your first backup, SMS backup and restore will automatically prompt you to set up automatically recurring backups so that you won’t have to remember to backup your messages and calls in the future.
- Tap the circle beside to set how frequently you’d like your data to be backed up. Daily, weekly or hourly.
- Then tap “back up now” in the bottom right corner.
To restore Android text messages from a backup with “SMS backup and restore”.
- Start by opening the app.
- Then tap the “menu” icon in the top left. From the menu that appears select “Restore”.
- Select the backup, from which you would like to restore messages.
- Then tap the “Restore”
- To complete the process you need to select the SMS backup and restore it as your default messaging app. To agree to do this tap, “okay”. In the second pop-up window tap. “Yes”.
- Lastly you’ll see a window up here letting you know that the restoration has been completed.
- When you see this window tap “close”.
- Do you have any additional tips, shortcuts, caveats, or best practices to share with our readers?
Another way to recover deleted text messages from your Android smartphone is to use the FonePaw Android data recovery software for Mac and PC. This method requires the use of a computer. But it is a good option if you want your backup data to get stored online or directly on your Android device. To start, download the FonePaw Android data recovery software depending upon the version that’s compatible with your computer.
- Once you’ve installed the software launch it on your computer.
- Then connect your Android device to your computer using a USB cable.
- To allow the software to display your android messages on your computer.
- You will have to enable USB debugging on your Android.
- For this, open the settings menu in your phone and head to the developer options.
- Here you will see the option to enable USB debugging.
- Now you would be able to select the types of files you will be able to recover.
- For text messages select “messages”, and if you also want to include attachments of the messages, like pictures sent and received in the text conversations, then click the “Message attachments”.
- When you’re done click “next”. In the window that pops up on your Android device, tap “allow, authorized, or Grant”. The word that appears here varies across different devices.
- Now, you should be able to see your text message conversations in the phone call window on your computer.
- Click the checkbox beside the conversation column which you want to save and then click “recover”. The messages will then be saved as a file on your computer.
- To view the messages you’ve recovered, open the HTML file you’ve saved on your computer.
- Is there anything else you think our readers need to know about this subject?
So that’s everything. You need to know about recovering deleted text messages from your Android smartphone.