Google currents is unrelated to the disbanded Google app of the same name, which gave users access to an electronic magazine library from 2011 to 2013. A software developed by Google for internal business communication Google+ for G Suite commonly known as Google currents.
This is one of the many products that make up Google’s series. For Android and iOS in Google Currents this launch is starting with the re-branding of Google. The latest version features the icon as a blue waveform and redesigns the app with a Google Material theme.
Google Currents will be available to the public until June 2020 Beta for suite customers and they can ask for free trial. Google trends the only remnant of Google’s popular Google+ social network. On April 2, 2019 the company completely shut down for personal use and branding. G Suite Administrators, Google is releasing the current beta and entering the general world today.
About Google Current:
- In 2018 Google launched a multipage process to shut down Google Plus, in part because of its “low usage and commitment”. But the agency also identified security vulnerabilities that it decided to shut down (one of which accelerated a four-month shutdown plan).
- Google began closing and deleting consumer accounts on Google Plus in April 2019, and has since released beta. This is not the first Google product called Currents.
- The company provided a magazine application with the same name until 2013. Google news replaced by Google which was renamed as Google Play newsstand in that year.
- The main user interface is basically unchanged with the home flow in terms of relevance (or history), while corporate leadership positions can prioritized with sparkling icons.
- In addition to registration, you can share help texts, links, images and other content. Otherwise, this internal community tool includes the concept of “tags” and “streams” from Google+.
- Google Currents focused on business designed to help people in companies interact with each other.
- Users can comment on discussions and post their content in a “mainstream” similar to a news feed, which can be categorized by Google in relevance or in chronological order.
What is Google Currents?
Google currents is the new version of Google+ it has a new name and new functionalities to help you communicate even better with your organization and team members. Now currents are also a facility with people outside your organization and you can connect them as well.
Therefore this will helps you to have very easy and effective way of communicating sharing ideas and then collaborating with people within or outside your organization.
- Google has been known to be platform of collaboration and the addition of currents to its portfolio of solution is just the cherry on the cake so use currents from the 6th of jully.
- If you are using Google+ or if you have the Google+ application on your mobile devices and if you have the auto update enabled, you would automatically get the trend application on your mobile device.
- For user of Google+ on the web you can go to current application from the 6 jully 2020 to use that functionally on your G suit account.
Advantage of Google Currents:
Google’s new app is launching in beta, and G Suite companies can now access the app. Google+ posts will be automatically transferred to currents. To retrieving the service on Google Streams Google still has the code. In addition to the updated “Appearance and Feelings”, the new features include better content additions and administrative opportunities.
Following are the advantages of Google trends.
- All existing Google+ users and content will be automatically transferred to streams.
- google.com links will be automatically redirected to currents.com. Google Stream will replace Android and iOS apps that no longer support Google+ mobile apps.
- Google trends connect employees to personal and useful timely content for their role and interests. The content updated over time so users can view it again and assign it to a later date.
- Tags and feeds make it easy to find and explore content of interest. The content of the home stream sorted by relevance, so the most important thing for a person a priority, or users can add it over time.
- Posts highlighted by your leadership keep you updated on what’s important in your entire organization. Use Google Advanced Search to find topics and conversations that interest you.
- By creating custom streams to promote specific target employees or specific content of the entire business google trends can shape discussions within organizations.
- Administrators can delegate content management responsibilities to a new role called Content Administrator. These content administrators can create custom broadcasts, manage tags, identify leaders, create moderate content, and track metrics and engagement.
- To exchange ideas across the organization without flooding email inboxes Google trends facilitate meaningful discussions by enabling leaders and employees.
- It has a flowing experience of compiling content – users can easily tag their posts and attach appropriate attachments or images. After a user posts, others can comment, respond, and ask questions in the same place.
- You can easily join with like-minded colleagues and find communities that match your interests. Follow labels on topics. Read more about what’s going on with trend labels in other departments and organizations.
- Google Currents give leaders a way to connect more directly with their employees, enabling them to lift the pulse of their organization and understand what’s important. Leadership posts can take precedence in the home stream to promote alignment, improving visibility in the organization
- Keep track of Google+. Google will transferred from Google for 6 years.
In the backend, the Plus.google.com service continues to operate and works seamlessly with current.com. This is a regular advertisement on mobile devices with the Google seller on Google+. However, the full schedule expected to remain for the next five days
G Suite enables administrators to manage their domain settings on the admin console. Additionally, content managers can manage and control current content and feature settings. Streams are available for all G Suite users and included in the subscription price. Once effective, all employees can participate in enriching discussions at all levels of their organization.